Powered by Blogger.

two visitors...

this week we have two visitors at the shed,
one who was invited and one who invited himself.
Mr Lurgy, the scoundrel and the rotter, has taken advantage of my open garage door.
i believe he snuck right past me when the second out of three customers to come to our garage sale distracted me.
we were in the middle of haggling.
it was quite intense...
i had $4 on the item, she wished to pay $2
Mr Lurgy seized the moment and boldly walked on past, through the laundry door and into Mossy Shed.

so far he has claimed 2 and a half victims.
2 being Our #3 and #4
the half being moi.
i have no time for Mr Lurgy this week and so i am playing hard to get.


the other visitor to the shed is one we are welcoming with open arms
my soul sister Debbie is packing up her little case and winging her way across the pond on wednesday.
cheers of 'hoorays' have echoed around the shed for several weeks since the grand news.
my children see Debbie as the perfect house guest.
she makes their mother laugh and smile
and
she makes fabulous dinners and pots of tea all day long.
best of all
after 10 years of visitors coming to stay from across the pond,
we now have a space for guests to rest their weary heads.


'tis a bitter sweet moment for me.
for on the one hand i am joyous not to be moving Our #3 out of his bed
onto the couch with Used dog,
but on the other hand the reason for the extra space is because Our #1 is no longer here

(which you all know but i just mentioned it again, just in case somebody new came to visit here today and was quite lost. my man read a few posts on friday night and actually advised me it was quite possible someone stumbling upon my blog would be clueless as to what i was writing about.
"after all Tif, i am and i live here"
this in turn made me wonder if i need to put on my sidebar, a guide for newcomers. photos of Miss Ethel, Mr Shark, Used dog etc)

after that 'thought for the day' let us return to the pressing news of spaces...
when we returned from Old Blighty,
Our #1 had left a few days prior to take up residence across the pond.
she left behind a smallish square room void of her,
except for a closet, which housed her belongings left behind.

despite what folks may imagine,
i have never been allowed over the threshold of my children's rooms with a doily.
i have respected this and in turn they have respected my doilies elsewhere in the shed.
mutual respect of such issues is a wonderful thing within a clan.
however, upon leaving to make her way into the world,
Our #1 gave me the 'a-okay' to dottie angel her empty room.


so over the weekend, whilst allowing Mr Lurgy only half of myself
i went about making Our #1's room into a place for Debbie to stay when she arrives on wednesday.
it was a little odd and i was quite grateful for Mr Lurgy distracting me,
giving me no energy to sit and ponder the situation.
despite it looking so very different from when she lived in the space,
except the 30 year old carpet, which is yet to be tackled.
Our #1, upon seeing the photos, exclaimed she liked it
and would be most happy to stay in her old/new room when she returns for Christmas.
i am thinking that maybe just sweet talk for her mama,
but i am most happy to accept it.

she has counted 14 weeks until Christmas and thinking that doesn't sound too far away at all ~ Tif
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com