Powered by Blogger.

the day before...

please excuse my unexplained absence...
when i awoke on friday morning, Mr Lurgy had me in a vice like grip,
thus our plans for the day were scrapped.
Debbie had to make do with crocheting in our lounge
instead of the 'blah and beige' waiting room of the DOL.
she kindly made no comments about my horribly horrible state of lurgyifiedness,
other than to offer me medicinal cups of tea and comforting words.
we watched several movies and put the world to rights.

today we made up for the little hiccup in our agenda
and headed into Fremont, Seattle.
i was still rather foggy brained
but we managed to pottle around the place quite happily
in our matching Clarks clog sandals.
(which my mother kindly gifted to me this summer)
upon seeing them, Debbie recognized them for what they were,
pretty sweet and comfy.
as one gets older,
words such as 'comfy' for footwear become spoken more frequently.
shortly afterwards we became clog twins who pottle well together.



i have no idea if the word 'pottle' exists
but i felt it described exactly our movements of this morning,
therefore i am now adopting it as my word of the week
i shall be sure to say in a loud voice every day
things like
"oh, how lovely the mail man has been, i shall pottle to fetch the mail"
or perhaps
"little olive, why do you look so suspicious, do you need to pottle outside for a visit"
then again
"gosh, is it friday already, i must pack my bags and pottle into Seattle to meet my lovely dearies"

now we are back holed up in the shed,
i am watching the rain turn into a small river outside my studio window.
indeed i am thinking i should say
"oh, i see the rain has pottled into a river outside my window"
whilst i am watching water pottle
Debbie is doing secrets in the kitchen.
secrets to do with my birthday tomorrow...
this is terribly exciting,
for it is not often someone does secretive secrety things in my kitchen
on my behalf.

she will be back tomorrow, another year older and perhaps quite possibly a little wiser ~ Tif
footnote: i am thinking in future to not cause light headiness for some readers, i will place a warning sign above any photos taken in my local thrift store. it has become such a norm for me, i did not think about what a shock to the system, aisle after aisle of such bounty, could cause.
so be warned before you read the next line... particularly if you are a Brit.
my thift store is the size of a medium Tescos or Sainsbury.
there are others i frequent that are the size of Tesco superstores.
quite unimaginable really...
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com