Powered by Blogger.

Surviving September


1. After wearing maternity jeans, I'm not sure why I ever wore non-maternity jeans. My favorite jeans so far are GapMaternity Demi Panel Long and Lean.










I really think all women should be given at least one pair of feel great pants with an elastic waistband. I have a pair in flare leg and boot cut and both are equally awesome. I wear the ankle length and at 5'3" they are perfect for flats or a short wedge which is all I'm wearing these days anyway. I feel cute in them every time I put them on (no easy feat these days). 





The demi panel is getting a bit annoying now that my belly is getting bigger (it folds a bit when I sit), but I'm happy to have them for those post-partum days where my old jeans don't fit and it's still a snowglobe in Upstate NY. I think having to wear a full panel jean after giving birth would be the death of my ego.





2. Apples










I am eating at least three a day right now. Thank goodness there are farm stands everywhere lately, I'm pretty much able to pull over on a whim and load up my purse on my way to, well...anywhere. The husband and I are hitting up the orchard this weekend for a pick your own spree and I.cannot.wait. All of my favorites are in season now (Macoun, Fuji, Gala and Cortland). Pottery Barn had sliced apples in a pitcher of water in their fall catalog and I'm so trying that as well.





3. I come from a long line of oily people, so I've never experienced dry itchy skin...until now. I'm loving Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Scrub.










It's not super scratchy and irritating on your skin and when you wash it off your skin feels like silk. Plus the smell doesn't make me gag (which happens with a lot of the really scented scrubs and lotions, even before babies). I use it at least once a week, and if the husband is home I can sometimes get in a scrub down twice a week (need help reaching those 'can't see at all places' these days). 





I've had the 12 oz scrub for 6 months and I haven't even used half of it yet, so while it's a bit pricey at $36, it seems to go the distance.





4. Bobbi Brown Cosmetics














I'm not usually a make-up wearer. Either I don't have the time or I don't have the patience to be bothered. But lately, I don't leave the house without applying my face. Maybe it's because my face is the only thing I can control the look of these days? I have no idea. Anyway, I've always had a few tried and true products in my teeny, tiny make-up bag and now I remember why I've used the same products for years. 





Bobbi Brown is pretty much all I carry and my daily go-to's are Lip Gloss in Pink Beige, Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink, Blush in Tawny and Extreme Party Mascara in Jet Black (I like this even better than DiorShow!). 












At night I add to it an eye palette from the 2008 Holiday Collection (yup, still have makeup from 2008, don't judge) and I'm all set. Colors in that palette include: Navajo, Cement, Heather Mauve Shimmer Wash and Mahogany.
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com