Powered by Blogger.

another day, another spanner in the works...

'tis tres terrible,
for my computer appears to be on strike.
not with everything, just with reading my little photo disk thingy.
so there will be no pretty pictures,
nor fascinating story about the little mousey under my stairs.

i told my computer "ha! i have other ways"
but then it became clear my computer is wise
and anticipating ahead, it has hidden Carlos's camera cord.
i fear jealousy is at the bottom of this,
i have found 4 little photo disc thingies in the shed
and not one is acceptable for my computer.

to add to my tres terrible time with gadgety things,
my iron of 10 years has given up the ghost this morning.
my back to work day has be scuppered before it began...
as i rarely pin the little pieces of goodness that get stitched together
i do need them to be flat and pressed.
without this they become most pesky with a life of their own...
i fear my plan to add a few wares to my bare shelves has been delayed.

this has all come at a time when my knees
appear to have given up any pretence altogether.
even with the best intentions in the world
they can no longer do anything other than sag...
i have had to stop looking at them,
for every time i try to correct their posture
they remind me that it is only weeks away before they turn 42
and quite frankly there is no longer any point in pretending otherwise.

i explained to them that perhaps they were giving up a little too early,
to have a little faith in their knobbly selves
and try a bit better with the sagging.
in return they told me
"bugger off Tif, we are tired, we are saggy and if you think we are bad,
then look behind you one of these days, your derriere seems to have joined us"

i have no choice but to go thrifting for a new iron.
therefore distracting me from my saggy knees...
as for my computer's sulk,
i am hoping for a small miracle so i may be back here soon
with news of my whiskered little friend and some pictures for your perusal.
but as i had as small miracle on saturday,
i am wondering if my quoter is up

she isn't tearing her hair out just yet, 'cause she just got her color sorted and she is thinking it would be an awful waste of her monies ~ Tif
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com