Powered by Blogger.

Life is Beautiful

We had our anatomy scan today and I got my first real glimpse at our little girl. I'm smitten. With the move and the twins on the loose, Lola doesn't get a lot of my undivided attention. Girlfriend has no furniture or place to come home to (yet) and the only things that are hers and hers alone are three pairs of jammies I bought her for the hospital. Having a sitter today and getting to focus on just her was wonderful. Seeing her inside my belly rolling around and sucking her thumb. I just cried the whole time. This is real. She is ours. And we're so darn close to meeting her. I've been living in a cloud of puppies and rainbows since 8:30 this morning. Just call me Lisa Frank ;)









Our little Lola is a mover and a shaker. I didn't eat before the ultrasound and she was flipping and flopping all over the place. The ultrasound tech kept saying, "I can't believe she's this active and you haven't eaten anything!" Her placenta is anterior, which explains why I feel odd sensations and strong kicks, but not a ton of movement overall. My NP said it also explains why I can still sleep on my stomach at nearly 21 weeks (I'm not complaining about that!).









It has been a joy to be pregnant with this little muffin. Not a day of sickness or pain. No second trimester fears, no unexplained bleeding scares, no low betas, no SCH's and today our last fears have been put to rest. All of her first trimester genetic screenings came out negative and she looked perfect in every way at today's visit. Just wonderful.






{ 20w5d inside baby }




{ 20w5d outside baby }



We think she looks nothing like her brother or sister, at least not based on their ultrasounds. I seriously can't wait to meet her and snuggle her on the outside. I love her so much already.







We have so, so much to be thankful for and I don't forget that a single day of my life. To think there was once a time, not so long ago, when we thought we'd never be parents and now we're welcoming our third child. What a gift.
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com