Powered by Blogger.

Weekend Project

I've been wanting to put together a photo gallery in our stairwell forever, but I was holding out for a trip to Ikea so I can pick up some Ribba frames on the cheap. Seeing as the closest Ikea is a 3 hour drive, that's clearly not going to happen with the twinsies in tow. At least not anytime soon. So I'm biting the bullet and getting frames at Target. Slightly more expensive, but less of a headache overall.




We already have a photo gallery in our living room, and we freehanded that arrangement.








It's not so easy to make something look random. Especially when you are a type-a, symmetry is poetry kind of gal. But my love for gallery walls runs deep and I think that random tends to look better. So I've been snapping away at inspiration pictures and I think I'm ready to give it a go.



Here are two that I'm going to model our stairwell gallery after






{ via }






{ blurry iPhone pic taken at my local PB }



If all else fails, there's this handy gallery for dummies layout that came with the last set of frames I bought from Pottery Barn. I'm not afraid to break out a template in an effort to save my sanity (and my marriage).









Between old family photos, our engagement pictures, wedding pictures, maternity pictures and now pictures of the babies I think my biggest problem will be narrowing down what actually makes the wall. Hopefully Joe is game for this project which I have yet to mention to him, since he clearly will be doing all the heavy lifting while I manage from the bottom of the staircase. 





Really some days it's a wonder that the man doesn't get in his car and just start driving. :)

 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com