Powered by Blogger.

Retrieval and Fertilization Report: IVF #2






Yesterday at retrieval we got 14 eggs. The embryologist told my mom and Joe that they were all perfect, a good size and looked amazing.



I think they pushed anesthesia a little too fast yesterday because I threw up in the parking lot, which actually made me feel A LOT better. I managed to sleep for the rest of the day.



Of the 14 eggs retrieved yesterday, 13 were mature and 12 fertilized.



Our 3DT is scheduled for Thursday, but we requested a 5DT this cycle. Our embryologist agreed, unless something goes drastically wrong with our embryos between now and Thursday, that a 5DT is appropriate.



Because this is our 2nd IVF and because of the number of fertilized eggs a 5DT just makes more sense.

I will get another update first thing Thursday morning, including grading and the number of cells.



Joe and I are over the moon right now. We have more than double the number of embryos that we had in IVF#1. I never expected to do this well. I can't even believe how fortunate we are, thank you to everyone who has prayed for us. We appreciate it more than words could ever express.
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com