Powered by Blogger.

Ch-ch-ch-changes

My realtor and I are like this :::crosses fingers::: She's seriously the.best.realtor.ever. I recently contacted her because with all of this baby-making talk (and action) we have some decisions to make.



We live in a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house that's about 1700 square feet. Right now the two spare bedrooms are currently a guest room and a man cave for the husband. I want to convert the current guest bedroom into our nursery.



Here comes the problem. All of our family is from out of town. Like far out of town. Like 4 hour drive minimum or hopping a flight to come visit out of town. So getting rid of a guest room (while being the most cost-effective, space-effective plan) is not an option.



Plan A is to turn the basement into a guest suite and rough-in plumbing for a 3/4 bath. I would leave the man cave as is and turn the current guest bedroom into a nursery. This way, we have privacy and our guests have privacy.



I wrote my realtor and told her what improvements we've made so far and asked her if we would price ourselves out of our neighborhood if we went with Plan A and my suspicions were correct. We would never see the ROI on that improvement.



Plan B is to finish out half of the basement (leaving half unfinished for storage) sans bathroom and move the man cave down there. The plus side of this option is that the space can double as a playroom down the road.



In conversing with the best realtor ever (did I mention she's awesome?) she asked me to send her some pictures of the improvements we made. So this morning I sat and pulled together a bunch of before and afters that I had on my desktop and I'm AMAZED at how much we've done.

So much of my day is spent making lists of things left to do, that I forget to reflect on all that we've done already. I hope you enjoy the album as much as I did.











If you've been in a similar renovation situation with your house what did you all decide to do? Spring for the upgrade that is most life-effective or improve just enough to make it work?
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com