Powered by Blogger.

A Note from Rome

Last night I was surprised to be alerted to the article of Damian Thompson in The Telegraph blog. We had not been asked about this project as I am sure the organisers would state. It is true that our faculties for celebrating the Mass in public are restricted to the islands of Papa Stronsay and Stronsay.

I would like to give our friends and families an update on our process of canonical erection. To be as clear as possible I limit myself to saying that things are not at all easy for us.

Our seminarians, two of whom could be ordained to the priesthood, finish their studies this month and are not able to be ordained because we have not been canonically erected as yet. We ask for your prayers.


For the rest, let me invoke St. Arsenius as quoted by St. Alphonsus. I am thankful for their wisdom particularly in a time when one would like to speak from the heart; and loudly.

Restraint and silence are the better roads.


Devotedly,
Fr. Michael Mary, F.SS.R.
Rome, 15 May, 2010




Very celebrated
is that saying of the holy Abbot Arsenius,
which he used to repeat many times,
and even sing it,
as Sirius in his History says:

“I HAVE OFTEN REPENTED OF HAVING SPOKEN
BUT NEVER OF HAVING KEPT SILENCE.”

ME SÆPE PŒNITUIT DIXISSE,
NUMQUAM TACUISSE.

S. ARSENIVS
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com