Powered by Blogger.

yesterday and today...

yesterday:

* i announced to the hairdresser i required a vibrant red streak down one side of my hair, i also told her of my plans to grow my tresses long enough to wrap braids around my bonce. further informing her, i was starting now so as to be well equipped with my new braidy wrappy coif, when and as i become a granny. i noted in the reflection of the mirror a bubble coming from her head saying
"barking mad"

* pottled in the thrift store in the hopes of 'switching off' my little brain's cogs which are starting to drive me insane with their incessant talking. noted it was full of the most peachiest finds. i needed to dig deep and find my inner strength to resist all their charms. i left the store with a few forsaken souls and a lovely kitschy bunch of flowers for the kitchen table. i also left the store with guilt due to the other lovelies i left behind 'a wishing and a hoping' for a bit of loving


*put lots of fake flowers on the outside table in the hope of discouraging my 6 chickie peas from spending time on said table. so far it has done the job, but then again, it has only been one day and they were distracted by some lovely things to scratch about in, the other end of the yard. next spot of rain and they will be back on top of the table and chances are this time, they will think it most kind of me to 'pretty up' their little place to sit and rest a while, whilst leaving a trail of dropping and dust



today:

*trying to remove very big creases in three yards of oilcoth, i need heat and as we are lacking in it here, i have resorted to a hairdryer. after a while i had to give up due to guilt again, this time to do with the electricity bill. but there is hope, for tomorrow we have been told Mr Sun is stopping by. we are giddy with the anticipation of his arrival and therefore i will lay my oilcloth outside the minute he arrives and hope he does a nice job of smoothing out the creases so my lovely oilcloth may sit upon the kitchen island looking peachy and not pants

*due to giddiness about possible sighting of Mr Sun, i am hemming two summer frocks. both were maxi dresses with little shoe strings straps in pretty floral fabric from H&M. a bobby bargain but i do not do floor length for fear of tripping or worst still as i whoosh around my shed in floor length dress, i would take all Used Dog's hair with me and worst still than that, quite possibly sweep Little Olive off her little feet and loose her under all the fabric whooshing around my ankles. i can see it now...
"has anyone seen Little Olive?" i would ask my clan, becoming quite distressed at mislaying her.
no one would have seen her and the day would be terribly upsetting. upon going to bed, fretting about my lost little friend i would lift up my maxi dress to do some kind of weird ritual of trying to get it over my head without putting my neck out and Voila! out would pop Little Olive from around my ankles delighted to have been rescued from the folds of my dress and see daylight again.
too risky a risk to take therefore, i shall make them knee length and then ponder if a pocket must be added. for indeed since becoming a cotton hankie user (new years resolution still going strong by jove!) i have needed pockets in all my attire. then tomorrow when the sun is shinning down on me, i will be ready to bare a little flesh in my new sun frock and if i happen to sneeze at his brightness, a handy dandy pocket containing a cotton hankie will be close by

*i am eating stale hobnob cookies from the cupboard, we are almost out of anything with chocolate, fortunately i found an old half eaten packet lurking in the cupboard and such is my withdrawal from the sweet stuff, i am chewing my way through their staleness as i tippity tap this ramble

the happiest of happy weekends for all, would be nice she is thinking ~ Tif
footynote: gosh! just went downstairs and it looks like Bingo Bee and myself are not the only ones at mossy shed anticipating the arrival of Mr Sun

 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com