Powered by Blogger.

'once upon a time'...

i like the color green a whole lot,
always have.
i like grolly green
all the way through
to pretty pastel minty greens.
i like green with hints of blue
and i like green with hints of yellow.
in fact i think it quite true to say,
if i were only allowed one colour in my life
it would have to be green.


if i spy an article of clothing in a store
and it happens to be green,
all sense of what suits me or not,
goes out the window...
i only have eyes for the green.

finding vintage fabrics in green
and indeed clothing
can be a little tricky at times,
hence when i stumble upon them
i can get a little emotional
about the stumbling moment.

however i do not do luminous green,
no sirree,
no way,
no how,
having lived through the 80's
i cannot bring myself to dabble
with such wrongness again.


yesterday i decided to buy a small pot of paint,
a brilliantly cunning plan to distract me
from another of my flock getting ready to fly.
it did not take me long to spy my green,
it was called 'once upon a time'.
well surely upon surely,
if ever there was a green paint
suited to our shed,
it had to be this one.

upon arriving home at the shed
i noted i have a couple of hours
before high school graduation.
ignoring the piles of laundry,
the dried crusted breakfast dishes
and the dog hair courtesy of Used Dog
i only had eyes for a thrifty find
and my can of green paint


my thrifty find
was a wall sconce in brown metal,
upon discovering its charms on the shelf of despair
it told me it liked the colour green,
obviously i was left with no choice...
after two coats of 'once upon a time'
and a couple of vintage decals,
i was smitten,
completely and utterly
smitten with my new paint.


whilst driving home from Graduation,
i noted all the Freeway road signs in Seattle
are painted the same colour
as 'once upon a time'

she is thinking upon her return from across the pond, a certain cupboard in her laundry room would look peachy dressed in 'once upon a time' ~ Tif
footynote: if by chance you wish to paint a find in your life the same colour as Freeway road signs in Seattle, here's the nitty gritty
Benjamin Moore, Aura ~ semi gloss
574 once upon a time

 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com