Powered by Blogger.

frankly Frank...

yesterday as i stood in the store, a sea of cameras infront of me, i only had eyes for one. shoulders slighty broader than Carlos, wearing a tuxedo and i noted a dashing streak of silvery grey around his temples. i moved closer, daring to reach out to pick him up, a few moments of twiddling and fiddling and my little pulse began to race...

"you aren't really supposed to return electronics once they are opened" the store lad told me "however" he continued "if you were to say go home, spend just 10 minutes taking a few photos and he isn't right for you, then by all means bring him back"
i handed over my dottie angel pennies and headed home to the shed with a feeling of anticipation the likes of which i have not felt since 'the royal wedding dress' reveal, oh and any given day when i venture to the thrift store consumed by the thought of what lurks within. a giddy kind of anticipation if you will.

upon arriving back at the shed i was greeted by my usual wonderful greeting committee made up of Used Dog and Little Olive, i had been gone all of 35 minutes but the way they greeted me, i might as well have been gone a whole year. i like doggies because of that very reason, they never have 'huffs' at you, or bear a grudge they just love you good and proper every single day like you are the best thing since sliced bread.

i rustled around for my rechargeable batteries, carefully unpacked tuxedo camera and his dashing debonaire good looks (slightly aging good looks, kind of dependable good looks, charming good looks, with a twinkle in his eye good looks). he sprung to life with a lovely 'ping', i switched him off and then on again just so i may hear him 'ping' once more, it was a 'ping' of reassurance, it told me he was there and he was poised for action. i pointed at a random corner of the shed on a gloomy day and pressed the shutter, 'cajing' he said in a meaningful way. well right there and then, i needed no evidence of photo looking to tell me this little camera was reliable and solid, his 'cajing' just told me so.

we were now down to our 7 and a half minutes of our 10 minute allowance of playtime together. so we proceeded to dally in every room of the shed, no setting up things, no twiddling with his bits, just good old fashioned, point and shoot, pesky critters, apron wraps and more...
then our time was up, heart pumping wildly from our 7 and a half minutes of whirlwind activity (in clogs) i removed his little card 'thingy me jig' and with baited breathe i uploaded the photos. truth be told some were blurry and pants due to our reckless ways but others, a soul so warm came shining through, it literally hugged me on the spot. a warmth and a hug i have not felt since Carlos retired. i am not ashamed to say i wept big tears of relief.
i turned to my new found friend and i said "new found friend, you are to be called 'frankly Frank', because quite frankly, Frank you have saved my sanity and my creative soul"












later that evening as i sat with 'frankly Frank' in my lap marveling at his reliable charming ways, it only seemed fitting that i should show him just how much i appreciate him coming into my life at a time when i had lost my way. i rustled once again in another drawer in the shed, retrieved my vintage dyno label maker and printed out his name. upon close inspection he was very limited in where i could place his 'frankly Frank' label, however there was a perfect spot just across his nose and so there it was stuck with pomp and ceremony befitting such an occasion. and as if that were not enough to mark this historical moment in my life, Carlos ever so kindly gifted 'frankly Frank' his little loopy handle, a loopy handle that has shared so many good times and now will share so many more, with me and 'frankly Frank' in the days to follow.

she is thanking you kindly for all your lovely comments and is wishing you a peachy one this weekend ~ Tif

 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com