Powered by Blogger.

Answering the Call - the clothing of a novice.

Answering the Call.

The Most Holy Redeemer
from atop the Cathedral of the Most Holy Saviour

is calling:

All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me,
I will not cast out. ...

No man can come to me,
except the Father,
who hath sent me, draw him;
and I will raise him up in the last day.

(John 6:44.)


On 2 February 2011,
Feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
we celebrated
the Clothing of a Novice
and the mystery of the Religious Vocation.


During the ceremony the Holy Ghost is invoked
and the postulant
is covered with the funeral pall:
For whosoever will save his life, shall lose it:
and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel,
shall save it.

(Mark 8:35)


"I will die O lord for the love of Thy Love
who hast deigned to die
for the love of my love."

Many desire to become saints,
but wish that God would do all,

and that He would bring them to eternal glory
without labour or inconvenience to them.

But this is impossible.
...
Sometimes, to carry this yoke,
and merit everlasting happiness,
we must do violence to the feelings of flesh and blood.
The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent bear it away.
(Mt. 11:12.)
(St. Alphonsus -The True Spouse of Jesus Christ.)

O Disciple of Jesus I say to you,
hold fast that which thou hast,
that no man take thy crown.

(Apoc. 9:12.)
(St. Alphonsus -The True Spouse of Jesus Christ.)

Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer.

Our new brother received the religious name:
Brother Clemens.

Saint Clemens Maria pray for him!
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com