Powered by Blogger.

Off the Grid

Joe's grandpa passed away last Saturday and most of our week was spent either in the car to get to the services or with family. We got back yesterday after a whirlwind trip that consisted of a 6 hour car ride with two 5 week old babies. And, if you have kids, you know that a 6 hour car ride with kids never actually takes 6 hours. It takes more like 8 or 10. The kiddos did great and we are very fortunate to have two wonderful babies who rose to the occasion and allowed us to be with family so early on in their tiny lives.



We spent most of yesterday catching up on sleep and laundry. Hopefully this week we'll get back on track. The babies have been cosleeping with us again (as we found this was the most comforting to them while we were away). I have to admit its been pretty comforting to us as well. Although I wasn't thrilled to have to wash our duvet this morning for the 900th time when I burped a baby who was all too happy to oblige with a projectile spit up. Lordy lord.



I have so many things I want to blog about - mainly for selfish reasons - my peanuts are turning 6 weeks old this week and there are so many milestones and memories I want to capture before I forget that they happened (or before I forget that there was a time that our babies couldn't do that - whatever "that" is at the moment). I'm hoping to catch up and get to writing, I may even set aside a little time before I go to bed (who needs sleep anyway?) to make sure I get it all down.



Thank you to everyone who responded to my post about scheduling the twins. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful group of women reading my blog and offering their advice and what they've learned in raising their own children.



Here are a few pictures of my cutie pies taken over the last week. I love them to pieces. Happy Monday everyone.








{ how loud are his pants? so loud }












{ love those little lips }







 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com