Powered by Blogger.

Our First Bath

Things are going great over here. The babies are on a 2-3 hour feeding schedule during the day (more to come on their feeding schedule, breastfeeding and pumping soon!) and they are sleeping 3-5 hour stretches at night. They are really happy babies, I have no complaints. Parenthood is exhausting, but equally as amazing.



We had our first well baby visit and the twins only lost 2 ounces each from their take home weights. We had a repeat weight check 48 hours later and they had already gained back an ounce, making them 5 14 (Ryan) and 5 11 (Reese). I feel like they are growing by the second. Their cheeks are a little chubbier and their hands almost reach the end of the sleeves on their onesies.



Gracie the wonder dog has turned into a house cat. She hides in my closet until it's time to eat. Every once in a while we find her sniffing at the babies, their pack n' play or their clothing. But as soon as they are near her or they cry/shriek/wail, she runs away. I think she's realizing that they're not going away at this point, so she's making more of an effort to get to know them. The other day Joe was laying on the floor with the twins and she went and laid with them, but just far enough away to escape if anything went down.







We celebrated the babies' week old birthday with their first bath at home. It was too sweet for words. Considering how much they rolled and kicked in utero when I bathed, I thought they'd like bath time more. Perhaps they will when we can actually sit them in the tub, as opposed to sponge bathing them.























I even got to shower after bath time, and realized that I can also dry my hair if I leave the hair dryer running the whole time. The other thing I realized is that by leaving the hair dryer running the entire time, the coils get really hot. I found this out the hard way when I singed off 4" of my hair on the back side. So lesson learned, when not actually drying hair change the heat setting to cool so Mommy doesn't go bald!



























We even managed to go visit one of Joe's accounts, eat lunch at Panera and go to Babies R' Us as a family for diapers this week. Not bad, not bad at all.
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com