Powered by Blogger.

38 Weeks

Holy crap, I'm 38 weeks today.



I ended up in labor and delivery last night with contractions that were 7-12 minutes apart. My labor never progressed and my OB gave the staff permission to induce me with pitocin if I wanted to stay and have some babies or if I wanted to be discharged I was allowed to go home. I was nervous about being induced and wanted to talk more about our options with my doctor, so we elected to go home.



At my 38 week OB visit this morning I was still 100% effaced and 2cm dilated. My OB was wonderful and talked us through all of our options. Now that I am full-term we run into the possibility of my uterus not being able to adequately supply two babies with enough blood and nutrients (or possibly having the babies run out of fluid and/or room). So they definitely want to deliver the twins in the next week.



To help prod things along, my OB stripped my membranes (which is a way to naturally induce labor) and she's pretty sure I'll go into labor on my own in the next 24 hours. Just in case, they scheduled an ultrasound for tomorrow afternoon to check the twins' fluid and weights.



If I don't go into labor on my own, they will set my chemical induction date at tomorrow's appointment and I'll have these babies on either Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm SO ready. Full term babies. I can't believe how far I made it.



The nurses in labor and delivery told us that they have never seen such healthy twins this far along. We feel very blessed. Thanks you for all of the prayers! Hopefully my next blog update will contain PICTURES OF BABIES!
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com