Powered by Blogger.

Running and Twins


My RE gave me the all clear to go back to my normal exercise routine - running, spinning, modified yoga/pilates, and the stairmaster (my personal fav). I signed up for spinning yesterday and ended up leaving work early and rushing to the RE's office for an emergency ultrasound after realizing I was bleeding. Turned out to be a subchorionic hemmhorage and both babies are fine, but I quickly realized that for me to have peace of mind I am going to need to modify my old life a bit more than I initially thought.









Starting with my running goal which I am dropping from 500 miles this year, to 300 miles. Which is totally doable. It amounts to about 17 miles a week from now until October and then no more running for the rest of the year. Let's see if I can manage this. My morning sickness, knock on wood, has seemed to dissipate enough for me to get my butt moving again.










And I'm canceling all of my races for the rest of the year. Running as fast as I can, sometimes long distances, in the summer heat, just seems like a bad idea. Maybe it would be okay, but why put this much pressure on myself? 









Lastly, I am deleting all of my fitness goals for the year. I'm a little disappointed because once I set a goal I like to meet it, but overall I think this is what's best. My new goal is keeping these munchkins healthy and cooking for as long as possible. 





Now I just have to find something else to fill all of the sidebars on my blog :)


 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com