Powered by Blogger.

Running Through the Tape

I must credit my friend Amy, who went 8 days overdue, with that blog title as it was how she much more delicately phrased the fact that her child was stubbornly staying put long past her 40 week welcome. So this is me running through the tape. And I'm not happy about it either.



The worst part is, I'm not even uncomfortable (38 weeks pregnant with twins is uncomfortable, 40 weeks with a singleton is laughable in comparison). I feel eerily normal. I'm just not in labor. And my excitement and anticipation is giving way to frustration. Thankfully my mother-in-law has come to stay with us to help me take care of my rugrats and to be here in case we need to make a mad middle of the night dash to the hospital. This has taken a HUGE chunk of stress and worry off my shoulders. People who have family available to them on the regular are so very lucky. And I'm thanking my lucky stars that Joe's Momma is able to take time out of her own life to be here right now.



My next appointment is Thursday (40w4d), at which point they will discuss induction. I hope they check Lola's fluid (and maybe even her size) then too, but I doubt I'll sneak in for a last second ultrasound. I'm anxious. I'd like to avoid another induction, for selfish reasons about my preference for delivery and non-selfish reasons regarding fears of it turning into a c-section. But, as Joe so tactfully says, my cervix is a bear trap -- "nothing gets in, nothing gets out".



And now we wait.



Darling girl, if you can read my thoughts (and I think you can, because we're literally connected right now) I love you, I'm ready to meet you, I can't wait to see your little angel face. Now please, move toward the exit.
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com