Powered by Blogger.

a little string of miracles, please...

yesterday i experienced two little miracles.
the first miracle was baking a cake that not only looked like a cake but tasted like a cake

riding high from my peachy cake baking miracle ways i turned my thoughts to a frock i had cut out several weeks back from a lovely jolly peachy coral pink fabric found on the clearance pile in a most peachy fabric store, my peachy adopted auntie took me to.
(note a lot of peachiness going on around here today, one wonders if too much peachy is a bad thing, but then again, one never knows unless one tries it, so i have gone for maximum peachiness for that last bit)

my riding high ways were rewarded with a finished frock made from my dottie angel pattern cut from a length of old wallpaper. its an odd old thing, at the time of cutting it out i was rather fearful of wearing such a jolly peachy corally colour, fearing it was too bright, but now we have hit the 80's over the past few days, it appears to be most fitting to the hot afternoons along with a pair of clippity clogs. later as i sit upon the soccer 'tryout' sidelines i will be wearing my newly handmade frock with pride, feeling secure with the knowledge the handy dandy pockets will be holding my cotton hankie and lip salve, safe and sound

so today, i have woken with the hope of a whole string of little miracles to occur over the coming 2 weeks, for the next few weeks will be some of the busiest hectic ones i have seen in the longest time. but for today and today only, i ask for one small miracle, for i am working on my 'talk' to be talked on saturday at the Girl Crush Art workshop and Tea party which i am hosting alongside of the peachy Danielle of The Jealous Curator and the fabby Andie and Emily of Assemble Shop. yes a talk no less is required from moi. i have pondered and i have prayed that today will be the day, the words will flow and when all is said and done i will look down at my little paper of blankness which stares at me this moment and a small miracle will have occurred.
where once there was blankness, there will be words of wisdom to share with fellow crushers on saturday... and little miracle number 3 will have happened

Tif
footynote: thank you kindly to all those who have written to me or left comments about my handmade dottie angel frocks, i am delighted you wish to make them too. i hope in the future to be able to offer up the pattern once i have figured out how, what, where and when :)
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com