Powered by Blogger.

venturing out of the shed...

yesterday i ventured forth on a mission,
a mission long overdue and put off for the longest time.
and what may that mission be i hear you ask.
well the mission of buying a pair of jeans...
~ pause ~
yes, worthy of a pause as folks across the land,
gasp, inhale and then exhale with a nod of understanding.


i have two criteria when it comes to jeans,
they are always worn with a frock or smock 'a top'
and they must be able to 'do up'.
the former is not a problemo due to a closet full of frocks
but the later over the past few years is.
i only had 3 pairs in my closet,
2 stopped being my fine friends at 41 and 3/4's year of age
and the last pair, 
the used to be 'loosey goosy, needing a belt pair'
well since turning 43 we have not been on the best terms.


as most do in my circumstances,
 i have looked around for others to blame,
namely Mrs W. Machine and Miss T. Dryer
but when i have looked around, in doing so
i can no longer deny the growing derriere
that has latched itself behind.

so on Monday i bravely went out,
now please note, i do not live in the epicenter of denim fashion.
i am quite sure if i caught the bus 
and headed to the heart of the big city.
it may be a little different.
however i did not wish to catch a bus
so i stayed closer to home.
home where you have the choice of teen jeans
with interesting faded areas and quite a bit of bling
and on close inspection, a lot of lycra.
now in my experience jeans with lycra
do not do. 
or i could cross over the walk way into the 'mom jeans' department
where i become really frightened and out of my depth.

after wandering around not knowing where to look,
i stumbled into the lads department.
i started to note, firstly,
lads 'washes' of jeans are far far preferable
and secondly,
they do not have to deal with bling or lycra.
i chanced upon a pair with a nice 'ordinary' wash
and dared to try.

new 'lads' jeans in ordinary wash, but look dodgy in this photo, i am blaming Ivor 
on driving home to my shed, 
my newly 'dared to try' jeans next to me on the seat
i wondered if 43 is not only the age where your derriere starts to spread
but also if its the age you start to go into changing rooms
and decide if the item 'does up' without causing discomfort
then it 'will do' and promptly buy it
without any care how it actually looks.


i told myself, (to calm my fretting ways).
i have not crossed this line, no sirree!
instead i will believe
 my 'lad' jeans are perfectly edgy bohemian
when worn 'rolled' with a frock and clogs.
to encourage my 'lad' jeans to give off this appearance
i added a decal to my well worn silver clogs.
(when i decal something, i always feel better)


and this morning as i tippity tap this tale,
clothed in 'lad' jeans, frock & decal~ed clogs
i have also added to my attire
my rose coloured specs
(they come with a life long guarantee and never fail me)

Tif


 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com