Powered by Blogger.

New Build

Once upon a time, a long time ago I said if we stayed in the area this guy would build our future home. Well, we've decided to stay in the area and we are building with him. Exciting times. We're actually meeting with the design team tonight to get drawings started. I just spent the last 90 minutes of the babies naps printing off inspiration images that I've been holding for this next house.













I have more than a dozen pages printed filled with pictures of mudrooms and entries, sunrooms and playrooms, kids bedrooms and kitchens, family rooms and studies. And in my collection process I realized that I have ZERO pictures of ideas for the master bedroom. This is probably why after living in this house for SIX YEARS our master bedroom is still not decorated. This is the only picture I have saved, and I'm not even in love with it.





What is my mental block with the bedroom? (Please, no ill-intended jokes.) I can't even think of what I would want our bedroom to look like. I feel like maybe it should have a sitting area, but maybe not. Maybe it should be relaxing, or maybe romantic, or maybe some combination of masculine and feminine, but I fear you risk wandering into androgynous...



I'm really stuck with this one. What should a master bedroom have?
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com