Powered by Blogger.

Crickets, Crickets

....hello? Is there anybody out there?



{ 37 weeks }


Fall in Upstate NY is my favorite time of the year. The weather is perfect. There are a million things to do - apple picking, pumpkin picking, hayrides, late September (mosquito-free) barbeques - I've been doing much and writing little.









Reese is fast on four limbs and most of my day is spent making sure she doesn't kill herself. She's on her way to walking. Cruising the couch and the coffee table, taking her dinosaur for regular spins around the playroom and teaching herself how to fall correctly (i.e. squatting down and landing on her bottom). She's holding on to the furniture with one hand, so my guess is she'll be brave enough to let go completely by the end of October.







Ryan is still sitting exactly where you leave him. Good boy, Ry.







I've been freelancing since the babies were four(ish) months old. And I have brought in enough contracts to warrant the need for a nanny. I'll be working about 20 hours per week, mostly from home. I'm excited about having dedicated time to work, rather than juggling. And while the nanny search was the least fun thing I've done in years, the girl I chose is amazing and I can't wait to make her part of our family.











I've spent every spare minute on the babies' Halloween costumes. Ryan's paws are done, and I made Reese's cape. Then I tried it on her the next day, realized it was way too big and decided to start over again rather than adjust the first one. I'd rather spend another $9 on fabric than sit with a seam ripper for an hour. So I'm pretty much starting from square one with her costume. But doing something the second time is always much easier (right?).



{ transformation from boy to wolf has begun }


{ the cape, round 1 }


Aside from burning the dynamite at both ends, September has been a great month. We took the babies to Nantucket and apple picking for the first time. And, as soon as I finish these costumes I get to start planning the big O-N-E. Less than 15 weeks before my babies aren't babies anymore.





In the last 8 1/2 months we've amassed quite the collection of things. To help lighten our load, I've started a resale blog. I will be listing all things baby (clothes, gear and toys), motherhood (maternity clothes, abdominal binders, nursing gear/equipment) and I'm finally making peace with my closet. So the stuff that has no hope of fitting the new Niki has got to go-o-o-o-o. If you're a size 26/27, 0/2, you're in luck. I have a whole work wardrobe that is waiting for a new home.



Since this blog was named after the late (great) Gilda Radner, I thought it only fitting that the new blog follow suit.



“I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.”

Gilda Radner
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com