Powered by Blogger.

Sleepless Nights and Endless Days

See this face?





This is the face of a little boy who has decided that sleep is overrated. After STTN from week 7 to 13, this little darling started waking up at 1 a.m., 4 a.m., 5:30 a.m. and for the day at 7:30 a.m. You can guess how tired his momma is. 


He wakes up, nurses and goes right back to bed no questions asked. So at first I thought he was just hungry. That this was just a growth spurt. Six weeks later this is no growth spurt. And last night, he fell asleep on the boob after three minutes which tells me the kid is also not hungry. He's just awake and doesn't know how to put himself back to bed. And we've played the back rubbing/paci game. It solves the issue for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. Then we're back up with a crying baby. 




He needs sleep, I need sleep, his daddy needs sleep. The only one that's sleeping is his sister. TWELVE HOURS she can sleep. My little angel baby. Her halo shines extra bright in my sleepless state.


I'm sure part of this is my fault, although some have commented that this could be our four month wakeful. Who knows? We don't really run by a set schedule and it seems to work for one twin, it even used to work for Ryan. 


The babies wake for the day around 7:30, nap around 9, 1 and 4 - sometimes they take a very short nap around 7 p.m. (I've tried putting them to bed at this time and they end up awake 45 minutes later no matter what I do). Depending on how long the 4 p.m. nap lasts and whether they snooze again at 7, bedtime is anywhere from 8:30 - 9:15.


This weekend we're Ferbering. I don't know how I feel about it, but our pediatrician recommended a modified Ferber at our 4 month WBV. I know we have to commit to doing this for three days, hence why we're starting tonight. I have back up through the three day weekend. And hopefully by the time Joe goes back to work on Tuesday, we'll have our other angel baby back. Our pediatrician said that, given Ryan's weight and age, he should be able to sleep 10 hours without eating.


We're moving Reese into our room in the PNP while this goes on so she isn't woken up by him fussing and one of us is going to sleep in the guest bedroom (which is next to the nursery) to be on timer duty.



{ what mommy, you don't like hanging out at 4 a.m.? }


Joe's MBA program started back up and he's been working super long hours. My tank is empty. I'm so exhausted and run down lately that I actually came down with a fever earlier this week. Nothing like taking care of two infants and burning a cool 101. Death warmed over. Suddenly letting my kid cry for three and five minute intervals doesn't seem so bad.



Has anyone tried Ferber with success? Any advice you have, I'm completely open to. Thanks in advance!
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com