Powered by Blogger.

home again, jiggy jig and a jig, 'cause how nice to do an extra jig...

gosh, how odd. i am a little nervous at being here, what is that all about then? have i been gone so long, is it nerves of excitement or fretting, i do not know. all i know is i have missed you dearest readers and despite my shakes, i am most delighted to be back in my shiny place :)

actually now i think about it, perhaps i forgot to have my orange juice this morning, yes that is it, nothing to do with being here but more to do with being forgetful.



my trip to old blighty was perhaps one of my top ever trips in the past 10 years of tripping over the pond. Leonard and his trusty lens did not let me down. he did a fine and dandy job of snapping shots here and there. i now see it is not him but me who is not allowing our relationship to move on, after spending days of carrying him around and whipping him out to record a moment or two, i still do not love him. however sometimes it takes time to fall in love doesn't it and so i will continue to nurture our little bit of friendship as he deserves so much more than i am giving him.



since arriving home stateside i have holed up in my little shed and pottled, shuffled and shifted until i can pottle, shuffle and shift no more. that is the peachy thing about going away, the fog clears and you can see a solution where once you only saw a problemo. so upon returning i set about working on my solution, and the solution to my problemo is shifting Colin the Computer upstairs into a little corner of Our #1's old bedroom. which actually is no longer her bedroom but a useful room full of things i have accumulated from years of thrift store frequenting and now of course Our Colin.

i am most delighted, for downstairs in the heart of the shed is still my little studio, with Miss Ethel waiting patiently for me and cupboards full of linens and a large sofa under the window. forsaken souls dotted around, smiling at me and it now feels like the creative space it once was when we first moved to Mossy Shed... a space to beaver away in without Colin distracting me and on some days 'playing heavy' on my mind, watching me, never letting me switch off.



and so it is with great delight on monday i will be dealing with my 'itching to be stitching' mood which has been inside of me forever and a day. do you like that? i do too, 'itching to be stitching', surely that would be perfect on a wall hanging above a little trusty sewing machine who waits patiently for the moments she gets to beaver with her owner.



next week in between my stitchery ways i would be happy to share a few of Leonard's snap shots and a few tales of what i got up to if you like. today you can see a little sprinkling of Leonard's capturing moments in blustery old London. i happened across some bunnies to love, i seem to be finding bunnies all over the place but these ones had me overcome with bunny lust. what i really wanted to do was take them home and place them on an acre of moss and crochet them all lovely little bunny ear warmers in happy bunny ear warming colors. when i whispered this thought in their lovely bunny ears they seemed quite keen and started talking amongst themselves as to what colors would suit their lovely ears best...


she has bunnies on the brain alongside her 'itching' mode, oh yes her crafting cogs are turning ~ Tif

 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com