Powered by Blogger.

20 Days or Less







I'm rounding the corner on 36 weeks now (even my butt is looking pregnant these days). I could sit here and complain until the cows come home about what aches, the insecurities I have regarding my new body, and how nervous I am about this new phase in my life. But really, today I'm just thankful. 





I'm thankful that both of my peanuts are over 5 pounds, they both got perfect scores (an 8) on their first biophysical profile and I am so healthy they're going to make it all the way to term. I'll figure out how to put myself back together later!





A few other nuggets I want to keep forever -


  • I love my husband now more than ever. For a million little reasons. If I could have seen the man that he'd become when I married him, I'm convinced I would have been more excited to marry him that day. 

  • Today, after I took that picture above (and nearly cried over the sight of it) and then proceeded to get onto a scale at the doctor's office (and nearly cried over the sight of it) I was sitting on the couch and my husband looked at me and said "you're super hot, I kind of have a crush on you".  

  • Every time I text my dad an update about the babies he gets so excited he extends words in his replies. Much of our conversations look like this, Me: Daddy, the babies are each over 5 pounds now. Him: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. 

  • My son's favorite time of day is 5:30 a.m. Every morning I wake up around then because he's punched me in the bladder, some days I barely make it to the bathroom. And then we lie in bed together, while his sister is still (somehow) sleeping and he rolls and punches and kicks while I rub his belly and his bottom. We go back to bed around 7:30.

  • My daughter loves bath time. As soon as I lie in the tub she squirms. If I drip water on my belly she kicks and punches at the droplets. I can't wait to lie in the tub with her as an outside baby and see the look on her face when the water touches her toes.

  • At 36 weeks, I can still wear my wedding rings. I feel like there should be some sort of prize for that.



I think that's all for now. Their nursery is almost done, just a few more things to hang on the wall. I hope to post pictures of it next week. Merry Christmas!



ETA: Thank you Spearmint Baby for including me in your bump feature! How fun. Hello to all my new followers! Can't wait to "meet" you.  
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com