Powered by Blogger.

saggy baggy knee socks ...

summer has come to an end, school is back in and the morning alarm is causing the shadows under my eyes to appear again. i must confess to having achieved very little in the way of anything the past few days.


i have gone to work. 
i have stayed at home.
i have avoided my inbox because it frightens me. 
i have grocery shopped.
i have stared at the walls.
i have cooked too much food
for too few mouths.
i have noted the chilly morns and eves.
i have put my knee socks on
and tried without success to keep them pulled up.
i have started knitting a cardigan,
only to rip it back hours later.
i have stared at the walls again.
and
i have dabbled with my 'woolly waifs'

mainly it has been button changing for my 'woolly waifs', 


however i did go to town on the little green shrug. if you recall i called him a bolero but fortunately a facebook dearie reminded me of the word shrug and yes, i do believe that is what my little found green cardi without a body is. 
or was. 
for i did a bit of sewing surgery. 
i gave him elbow patches 


and a new body from an old cardi. 


then i did a bit of natty sewing with some lace doilies, 


i did the lace bit yesterday.

today i have no idea what to make of my patched and pieced green and mustard woolly friend. 
i am going to ponder if we have a life together whilst continuing to stare at the walls, avoid my inbox, cook too much food, all whilst wearing baggy saggy knee socks. i will also remind myself that my thoughts of today are where i will be tomorrow thus i must pull myself together, find some energies and start polishing my little light, less his flicker disappears altogether...

 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com