Powered by Blogger.

Finishing Details

We close on the new house in just under eight weeks. I'm begging our builder to get that timeline down to seven so that Joe is still on paternity leave when we close. It would be so much easier to move with him around to help.



The next several weeks are all about finishing work -- cabinets, countertops, floors, trim, built-ins, lighting, plumbing, hardware. I've been excited over every piece of drywall and every inch of fiberglass to date, but my builder keeps telling me this is where it really gets fun.



We went up to the house on Friday to take some progress pictures, it's amazing how much is done already. I can't believe we get to move here in just two short months. And, even more so, I can't believe I get to live here and raise my children here. We feel so fortunate and blessed, to say the least.


















{ my little loves }







{ mudroom, garage entry, pantry, closet and laundry room }






{ great room from kitchen with kids' playroom on the left }






{ the start of built ins }







{ the girls' room } 






{ girls' side of the jack and jill bath }







{ Ryan's room }






{ guest bedroom }






{ guest bath }






{ master bedroom}






{ master bath }





The house is running about a month ahead of schedule. This week kicks off our 15th week building (from the time we broke ground). Amazing how much has gotten done already. I think the cabinetry will be installed by the end of this week, which is probably the thing I'm most excited for right now. I am anxious too. I had weird dreams all weekend about the cabinets being installed and crumbling, or arriving at the house and finding out they were all installed upside down. Really weird stuff. I have odd dreams when I'm pregnant anyway, but some of these are out there. Fingers crossed they go in right side up :) Happy Labor Day!

 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com