Powered by Blogger.

parting ways, positively...


yes indeedy dearest readers, it is with heavy heart
and a nagging voice within my head saying
"haven't you learnt your lesson yet Tif?"
i must report, Mrs Hook and i will be parting ways for a while.
i do it every time and i am a fool to myself.
after my happy outcome with the 'high hopes wrap' for a chilly day,
i needed to dabble further with the fisherman cream yarn from lion brand.
i thought to myself, there could be no doubting,
if i made a big cream chunky blanket
my clan would become The Waltons.


we would share many happy moments upon the couch,
said lovely blanket keeping us cozy.
talking 'talky' things,
reading books
and always, always with a smile on our faces

i set out upon my 'no doubting' quest to make thee blanket
and to some degree i have succeeded in my mission.
the degrees of success goes as such...

successful degrees

1: blanket and edging completed
2: tags and little twiddly bits that make me smile, completed


3: admired by clan members,
but only because i stood for a long period of time holding blanket up
making 'clearing throat noises' in the vain hope,
eventually someone would look in my direction.
this was not easy i might add,
as it took quite the time for myself and blanket to be noticed
by which point my ailing arm was complaining big time

not so successful degrees

1: it should have been bigger,
only two clan members can be comfortably situated under it at any one time
2: the cross was supposed to go from side to side,
thus implying a nod to our home country and the flag of England


3: i have noted, upon completion (to a degree) of blanket
it does not contain The Waltons special family powers

but all that being said,
ignoring the lack of England flagness about it,
the inability to bring a sense of Waltons to my clan
and my inability to wave around my right arm and shoulder,
making me off duty in the kitchen and cleaning department
(silver lining if ever i saw one)
and if a time comes
when Mrs Hook and myself get it on again, in the near future
we shall beaver away on completing the flag bits...

for now however,
i am thinking it best
to ignore the 'not so successful degrees',
embrace the 'successful degrees'
and call my blanket
a 'positively postive' blanket of the utmost kind


she is remembering, remembering the 5th of november and wishing you a spiffy, safe one ~ Tif
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com